News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

H

Started by Jared A. Sorensen, November 09, 2001, 04:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jared A. Sorensen

In my desire to tie myself for the shortest game title...

H
http://www.memento-mori.com/games/h.html

Incredibly not-done and rife with internal inconsistancies and such, but I think it's neat. Inspired by the art of Daniel Lee (http://www.daniellee.com).

jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

Ron Edwards

Jared,

Is the idea to continue the transformation (one way or the other) during play, or is the character more-or-less fixed as created, during a longer-scale process of transformation?

Any particular reason why a player might WANT the character to be a Pure Human? (Kind of chauvinistic, if not.)

Best,
Ron

Jared A. Sorensen

Is the idea to continue the transformation (one way or the other) during play, or is the character more-or-less fixed as created, during a longer-scale process of transformation?

Any particular reason why a player might WANT the character to be a Pure Human? (Kind of chauvinistic, if not.)

Characters becomes more (or less) human until they hit one extreme during the game.

My idea for the game is that some animals desire to become human and trade one set of gifts for another -- humans aren't better, they're just different. It comes from stuff I read on Daniel Lee's site...actually, I talked to Nate Hill about this idea awhile ago while he was working on the Wild v2. So all characters will share the desire to become human, perhaps even despite opposition.

sdemory

Intriguing... mechanics seem to make sense, and the concept strikes a chord. Any thoughts on setting?
   On the mechanics side, how would one progress? Are various actions rewarded with Beast or Human dice, or could a character just sidestep the process by renouncing all aspects of Beast nature? I could see that as an unfortunate cheat, for those who might be so inclined.

[ This Message was edited by: sdemory on 2001-11-12 10:51 ]

Jared A. Sorensen

I haven't figured out the progression yet to get from beast-to-man. I'm kinda blah on the whole thing right now cuz it's so similar to Clinton's URGE (which is awesome).

---

In the meantime, I'm thinking about a new game setting (no custom mechanics yet!). It's weird. I'll post it when I have something concrete.

Damocles

This is kind of an obvious twist, but: Maybe there are also humans who want to become animals. Might make for kind of interesting dynamics.

Bailywolf

And pure animals who hate their uppity brethren wannabehuman types... the closer to human, the more their native species hates them, perhaps?