News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Sorc & Sword news again

Started by Ron Edwards, November 20, 2001, 11:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Edwards

Due date from the printer is November 26.
Ship to the warehouse should be November 28.
Shipping from the warehouse should start immediately, and that's when orders begin.

M apologies to everyone for the wait - this one ended up being three weeks later than planned.

I'm still aiming for Soul in January, although now I'd say that means "January" like Sword comes out in "November" - literally true, but not on the first by a long shot.

Best,
Ron

Bailywolf

Hey Ron,

I'm sure this has been covered, but are you going to do a similar deal to the one with Sorcerer itself- previous purchases of the electronic book counted towords to hardcopy 'upgrade'?  

And if not, how much new and revised material is presented in the book?

Thanks

Ron Edwards

Hey,

I have mentioned this before, but again is good.

Sorcerer and Sword retails at $15.00. Because the profit margin is lower than Sorcerer's, I can't afford to ship it for free like I did with the main book. I'm adding $2.50 to the direct-sale buy.

A person who bought the PDF version has indeed paid $10 toward this $17.50, and thus will be charged $7.50.

The supplement has been tremendously updated. Necromancy now has tons of examples, the bibliography is lots bigger, there is a new full setting (making a total of three), combat is expanded, and most importantly, the final chapter about run preparation has been overhauled and roughly tripled in length. This last is a big deal; it brings Sword equal to or even exceeding Soul in its "revise your thinking about role-playing" content.

Oh yeah. The art includes a revised cover by Raven, some interiors by Raven, and extensive interiors by Les Evans. It's reeeeeeally beautiful.

The book is 112 pages, softcover.

Best,
Ron

Bailywolf

Time

Sold me as well.

I've just got my first Sorcerer game up and running last month and while I enjoy the Sword and Soul info as it is currently compiled - an updated version will be great.

Can't wait to see it.

Ron Edwards

It's printed! Sorcerer and Sword is now in the cradling hands of the shippers, wending their Priority way to the Tundra warehouse.

[My, that was a mellifluous sentence.]

Remember, when the pre-orders ship to the distributors, which is supposed to happen immediately when they hit the warehouse, that's when direct orders on the website begin. I'm shooting for Thursday.

Best,
Ron

joshua neff

--josh

"You can't ignore a rain of toads!"--Mike Holmes

Ron Edwards

Grrrrr!! The printer did the job. The warehouser is waiting. And NOW ... the shipping company is failing to deliver in their promised one-day time. Yup! 1000 copies of Sorcerer and Sword are on some loading dock somewhere in Minnesota.

Isn't this fun? Don't YOU want to be a small-press RPG publisher? Yes, you too can breathe a sigh of relief as the books flow off the printing press just moments behind schedule ... and then incur a further week-long delay, for no good reason!

Boy, and you wonder "what you would do" if sorcery were real. I know what I'D do.

Best,
Ron

unodiablo

Whee, I can't wait! :razz:

That's why I think I'll go with a local printer. You can make them give you $$ off your invoice when they 'fork' up...

Can't wait to see the new version of Sword!!!!!!!!
Sean
http://www.geocities.com/unodiablobrew/
Home of 2 Page Action Movie RPG & the freeware version of Dead Meat: Ultima Carneficina Dello Zombi!

greyorm

1000 copies of Sorcerer and Sword are on some loading dock somewhere in Minnesota.
You want I should go and get 'em, boss?
Mebbe I an' da boys can rough someone up fer yas, too.

Boy, and you wonder "what you would do" if sorcery were real. I know what I'D do.
"I'm sorry, Mr. Shipper-Man, did I say the check was in the mail?  I meant the check was almost in the mail.  Yep, there it is...just sitting there on my desk, almost in the mail..."

Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan
Wild Hunt Studio

Blake Hutchins

*sepulchral voice on, insert puffs of brimstone*

Shall I flay their entrails, Master?

Make nice party decor.

*return to normal voice, delete brimstone*

[ This Message was edited by: Blake Hutchins on 2001-11-30 12:27 ]

Ron Edwards

All right, get this.

I am HOLDING a copy of Sorcerer and Sword (the one shipped to me by the printer). I have been GIVEN the green light to start accepting direct-orders on the internet.

And now the site burps. Go to the Sorcerer site - see that? First time ever, don't know what it means, have to do the whole webmaster back-and-forth process now.

You know, when the book came out in early August, that very weekend before GenCon, I endured a simultaneous breakdown of my modem, some kind of screwup with the AT&T dial-up number, AND an unannounced change in Verza policy which totally screwed up my plans. Three totally independent mutually-confounding crises in 24 hours.

This time? This mysterious delay in shipping, plus now the website hassle ...

OK, universe, I hear you. I hear you fine. Now ... SHUT UP!

Best,
Ron

P.S. Oooh, the book is real nice.

Ron Edwards

FIXED!! The site is healthy. The order button is up.

For those of you who already have the PDF, do NOT use that order button! Email me instead for instruction about the Secret Order process.

Best,
Ron

Zak Arntson

On 2001-11-30 15:02, Ron Edwards wrote:
FIXED!! The site is healthy. The order button is up.

For those of you who already have the PDF, do NOT use that order button! Email me instead for instruction about the Secret Order process.

Best,
Ron

Oooor ... you can direct order anyway and give Ron more money.  With Christmas coming up, I'm going to try and talk someone into getting this guy for me :)

greyorm

And now the site burps.

...early August, that very weekend before GenCon, I endured a simultaneous breakdown of my modem, some kind of screwup with the AT&T dial-up number, AND an unannounced change in Verza policy which totally screwed up my plans. Three totally independent mutually-confounding crises in 24 hours.
Two words: Electric Ghosts.
OooooOOOoooo....

(hehehehehe)
Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan
Wild Hunt Studio