News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Harry Potter meets Animal House

Started by Bailywolf, November 27, 2001, 11:21:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bailywolf

I posted this over at RPG.net... then realized- this is perfect Sorcerer material!  

I wish my brain could sit still long enough for me to acualy finish something...

so here it is (cut n pasted):

OK, here's what I'm thinking...

A Wizard's School... but not for little kids... for big kids...

Assume everyone has a basic magical education (the equilivent of not sleeping through Advanced Cantrips in 10th grade) unless they can play sports or their daddy buys their way into school...

All the various magic guilds in the world are actulay just offshoots of magical frats and sororities... Skull and Bones with sorcery... or Animal House.

PC's start as Pledges.... pathetic Freshmen, just out of High School, away from home for the first time, and looking to experiment with drinking, sex, and demon summoning.

Oh, the possibilities... keg parties hosted by drunken Nephilim, a creepy haunted old school filled with secrets, a stodgy old Dean with his sights set on destroying Kobold House once and for all and kicking all those worthless slackers back into the real world.

Instead of road tripping to New Orleans for some well deserved debachery over spring break, everyone hops into Donner's dimensionaly transindental VW minibus and hauls ass across the Seven Planes of Gehana... hitting Bad Belezebub's Bar and Grill to shoot some pool with the forces of darkness...

Or perhaps with a different bend, throw in a bit of Jeeves and Wooster... a magical Drone's Club of rich, worthless, young mages...

Jared A. Sorensen

It's a great idea...not sure how it relates to Sorcerer, but it's a great idea.

QuoteOr perhaps with a different bend, throw in a bit of Jeeves and Wooster... a magical Drone's Club of rich, worthless, young mages...

THAT sounds like it could be done in the Dying Earth game, no problem.

[ This Message was edited by: Jared A. Sorensen on 2001-11-27 13:07 ]
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

Mike Holmes

See SJ Games Illuminati University for reference material.

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.