News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[nicotine girls] pdf w/ examples?

Started by 6inTruder, February 25, 2004, 07:40:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6inTruder

is there any chance of Nicotine Girls getting the pdf treatment with some play examples or such? I guess cause I'd like to print it out, and I'm not exactly sure how the adding Fear deal works.

VERY cool idea/game by the by!

Paul Czege

Hi,

Thanks. And maybe. But first I just need the right bolt of inspiration. The game is very playable, but I think it needs a mechanic that focuses in-game events on issues that are meaningful to the players the way Kickers and Bangs do in Sorcerer. And I haven't come up with one that I think suits the game.

Regarding examples, have you seen our actual play thread, http://www.indie-rpgs.com/viewtopic.php?t=7468">yes, but I never inhaled? I think it reveals how even without an actual facilitative mechanic a GM can provoke the interests of players by offering the hook that their characters' dreams might be passing them by.

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

6inTruder

My bad. My specific question was something else (And I did read that Actual Play. Very good stuff there)...

Under the heading "Fear" says "A player can add to their character's Fear score at any time by assuming adversity into the girl's life according to the chart below. The GM will determine the specifics of the adversity."

How do you incorperate those "adverities" in Actual Play? Do you like, get the bonus dice now then the GM incorperates the "adversity" as play progresses? I think I'm getting my head more wrapped around this, but this little bit is still throwing me some.

I liked the idea of tieing your "Kicker" style mechanic into the girl's Dreams. Sorta like you were mentioning in "yes, but I never inhaled."

Paul Czege

Hey,

How do you incorperate those "adverities" in Actual Play? Do you like, get the bonus dice now then the GM incorperates the "adversity" as play progresses? I think I'm getting my head more wrapped around this, but this little bit is still throwing me some.

That's a smart question. We didn't discuss how this would work before we played, but the way we naturally handled it was as sort-of a contract. So when a player picked something from the Fear table, the GM was contractually obligated to introduce details making the event specific to the character, either in scenes with that character or in scenes with other characters. And the player was then contractually obligated to respond with appropriate character behavior. And I think it was pretty much an unstated obligation that the GM couldn't really wait more than a scene or two before introducing specific details.

Does that help?

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

6inTruder