News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[GenCon 2004] The folks who'll be there

Started by Ron Edwards, July 11, 2004, 10:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Edwards

Hi everyone,

Here's the list! If you thought you were on it and you're not, contact me ASAP. If you still want to be on it, you're pretty much shit out of luck unless we've talked about it already.

I'll post the booth # and other information tomorrow.

PRIMARY SPONSORS
Adept Press (Ron Edwards), Driftwood Publishing (Jake Norwood), Ramshead Publishing (Ralph Mazza), Burning Wheel (Luke Crane)

Each of these has one or more extra folks as well (Mike Holmes, drozdal, e.g.).

BOOTH ASSOCIATES ("booth monkeys" to the peanut gallery)
Tom Fitch, Dave Michalak, Scott Knipe, Andy Kitkowski, Julie Stauffer

$100 BUY-IN
Dog-Eared Designs (Prime Time Adventures) + 1 badge (Matt Wilson)
BTRC (EABA et al.) + 2 badges (Greg Porter, John Kolb)
Twisted Confessions (Fastlane) + 1 badge (Alexander Cherry)
Bob Goat Press (Conspiracy of Shadows) + 2 badges (Keith Senkowski, Kevin)
Custom-Built Games (SNAP) + 1 badge (Gordon R. Landis)
Incarnadine Entertainment (Excelsior) + 1 badge (Michael S. Miller)

$200 BUY-IN
Half Meme Press (My Life with Master, Nicotine Girls) + 2 badges (Paul Czege, Danielle Hall)
Chimera Creative (Dust Devils, Nine Worlds) + 1 badge (Matt Snyder) Behemoth3 (Masters & Minions) + 1 badge (Tav Allison)
Lumpley Games (kill puppies for satan) + 1 badge (Vincent Baker)
Digital Alchemy + 1 badge (Dan Ridenhour + another)

I might have left someone or another out by accident, but will correct it if necessary.

Best,
Ron

Andy Kitkowski

Cool.

So... should we use this thread to discuss what we should be doing in advance with this info in terms of preparation, organization, etc?

We've got a thread on the logistics, a thread on the feel... I'll stick my neck out here and ask what we (each tier of participant: Booth Money, 100 Dollar, 200 Dollar buy-in folks) should do with this info, in terms of Con Preparation and the like.

Thanks!
-Andy
The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.

Ron Edwards

Hi Andy,

Good question. Let's talk in this thread about how we'll meet up and get ourselves organized by the time the con starts.

I'll be arriving around noon on Wednesday August 18th. I expect to walk into the hall, locate the booth, and start putting up some promo stuff like the Forge banner.

Furniture should be there. (Note: there will be a discussion about this soon.) I'll start wrangling it around. I expect other folks to join me and start putting up their own promo stuff and stuff like Paul's bookshelf.

During this time as well, we need to get pamphlets and flyers ready, to set up a demo schedule for the primary sponsors, and to make a title/price list to use at the cash register each day. We need to get everyone at least marginally familiar with the look and feel of every game at the booth.

The Diana Jones Award will be given out on Wednesday evening, and I'll be there. Fellow exhibitors are welcome to attend. (Details to follow.)

So, the real question is hooking up on Wednesday. Clearly, I won't be in my room much, so that won't be a good way to get me. We'll need to get everyone's cell phone known to everyone else.

What matters is that we not have people showing up on Thursday going "duh, what, where." It's OK to arrive on Thursday, but you should hit the ground running, and you should expect to see a booth humming in action right from the very first moment the hall opens.

And so on. Comments, questions? Who's planning on arriving when?

Best,
Ron

Ron Edwards

Ooops! Mistake #1. Add Juergen Mayer to the "booth associate" list.

Best,
Ron

Matt Wilson

Mr. Holmes himself (Mike, not John) has offered me a seat in his car, so we'll be driving down I believe on Wednesday. I'm happy to chip in with whatever needs doing after we arrive.

I also hereby volunteer to be a cell phone contact guy, ready to receive and deliver calls chock full of righteous info.

Side Note: I've arranged a room with Luke and his posse, but he's not due in until Thursday, so I need a place to camp Wednesday night.

Luke

Just confirming what Matt said.

Dro and I will be arriving Thursday morning right before the booth opens. I expect there to be a blank space on the booth wall for the BW banner and an empty space on the shelf (at eye level) for the Monster Burner and the few remaining BW sets.

also, i'll be starting another thread about the Forge booth Menu.

-L

alchemist

Ron,

A few quick comments/questions...

1. The 'other' person from Digital Alchemy will be 'Rick Calvert'.

2. Do you have a booth number yet?  curious where we are, and I want to post the news on my website so my customers can find me. ;-)

3. Do you know how big the tables are going to be?  Im planning on printing and laminating a few maps (created with my software) and making them available for anyone to use in the booth when demoing their games if they want to.

Thanks,

Dan Ridenhour
Digital Alchemy
sales@digital-alchemy.net
http://www.digital-alchemy.net
http://www.cartoforge.com
Cartoforge
Forging Worlds of Adventures... In The Palm Of Your Hand!
www.cartoforge.com

Ron Edwards

Hello,

Looking at my first post, it's hard to see that Behemoth3 is listed as one of the $200 buy-ins because I apparently didn't hit "return."

Also, to correct that listing, Tav is getting his own GenCon badge, so the listed badge is going to one of three people he's named to me. We'll work out the others later if necessary.

People are emailing me with a certain amount of anxiety about badges and names. Therefore, publishers, please double-check, so I can do it all at once: are the names above correct? Exactly who do you expect to have badges at the booth, which you have or haven't paid for? The listing about is how I understand it, and if there's anything vague about the listing (e.g. Mike Holmes!), then it's on you to fix it.

Remember, if you just expect "Oh yeah, Bob will have a badge" and don't double-check, then you might be totally stuck, because I'm not gonna bother with it. And do not assume that I already know what you think I know about your badge expectations.

Best,
Ron

Matt Snyder

I'll arrive Wednesday, likely around 5 p.m. local time. I will be with a friend who does have a cell phone.

Unfortunately, my friend and I have hotel reservations far from downtown (near airport, I think), so I'll be "commuting" each day. If you're looking for a couple roommates, let me know!
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

Keith Senkowski

Hi,

I'll be in Indy some time  in the afternoon depending upon city (meaning Chicago) traffic.  I will more than likely have some floor space available at our room.  We are staying at the Econo Lodge Downtown, which according to the map is in walking distance.

Keith
Conspiracy of Shadows: Revised Edition
Everything about the game, from the mechanics, to the artwork, to the layout just screams creepy, creepy, creepy at me. I love it.
~ Paul Tevis, Have Games, Will Travel

Paul Czege

$200 BUY-IN
Half Meme Press (My Life with Master, Nicotine Girls) + 2 badges (Paul Czege, Danielle Hall)

This is exactly right (although it shouldn't be read as suggesting Nicotine Girls is anything other than a free game at the Half Meme Press website). Danielle and I will be arriving Wednesday afternoon. I'll have the game shelf unit, which I'll need help unloading, and a banner.

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

Matt Snyder

Ah! Thanks for the inadvertent reminder, Paul.

$200 BUY-IN
Chimera Creative (Dust Devils, Nine Worlds) + 1 badge (Matt Snyder)

Ron, this is correct. I have already contacted you about getting a second badge at the con on Wed. or Thurs.
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

--Yogi Berra

Michael S. Miller

Quote from: Ron Edwards
Incarnadine Entertainment (Excelsior) + 1 badge (Michael S. Miller)

That is correct, except I'm changing the name of the game to With Great Power . . . to steer clear of tradmark issues. I'll likely arrive in Indy between 3 and 5 pm Wednesday to help with the set-up.
Serial Homicide Unit Hunt down a killer!
Incarnadine Press--The Redder, the Better!

lumpley

I'll be there Wednesday night with some puppies, some Dogs in the Vineyard, some Matchmaker, maybe some Good Knights, and PLUS a couple of younger brothers too.  

Ron: they've got artist badges, no need for you to think about 'em at all.

But I mention it because we're in the Luke's room boat with Matt Wilson.  Where will we stay Wednesday night?  Anybody have crash space for three?

-Vincent

Matt Snyder

Hey, guys, I just re-did my reservations at the Econolodge downtown, so I'm good there. It's a good 14-15 blocks away at least, but it sure beats the 15 miles I did have.

Vincent, Matt -- that room is open to you on Wednesday night. It ain't the finest digs in town, but it's a place (alas, a floor) to sleep on at least. Just PM me if you're interested.

If you let me know in advance, I can bring along some pillows, blankets and sleeping bags as needed. We're driving in, so we should have some room.
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

--Yogi Berra