News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Nearing the finish line

Started by TonyLB, January 19, 2005, 04:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyLB

This thread is for news regarding Capes, superhero roleplaying game.

And the first news is that the books are printed and in the mail to me.  The PDF is soon to be loaded onto the Forge Library.  All is in readiness for the big day.  Now I'm getting flashes of Shoujo Story.

Anyway, January 27th I start selling physical copies at the Indie Games Explosion, at Dreamation (East Brunswick, NJ).  January 31st the order form on the website goes live, for print or PDF orders.

[ Edit:  Corrected to refer to the correct Brunswick. ]
Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum

Ben Lehman

Andrew Morris

Tony, how much will Capes cost (print and .pdf)?
Download: Unistat

TonyLB

Print will be $15, plus shipping (which I will announce when I have books in hand and can weigh the whole package).  If anyone knows a good way to make PayPal calculate shipping based on a Zip code, I'd certainly be interested to know.  As it is I'm looking at having a fixed price, and then I'll either profit a little or suffer a little, depending on where people live.

PDF will be $10.

I am leaning toward including access to the PDF in the print cost.  I'm searching my way through the Publishing forum to judge popular opinion on the strategy.

Matt Wilson

Hey, congrats, man. That's great news.

xenopulse

Congrats.

My copy of Sorcerer came in a flat rate envelope -- that might be the way to go for you as well.  You can buy them at USPS.com, or your local post office.  They're $3.85 each, pre-stamped, and fit an RPG-size item quite well (unless your RPG is *really* big).

Yokiboy

First of all congrats Tony, I love the previews of Capes and look forward to the full game.

Quote from: TonyLBI am leaning toward including access to the PDF in the print cost.
This would rock, and I'd definitely order the print copy if that is the case. Otherwise I'd stick to just the PDF.

TTFN,

Yokiboy

Ben Lehman

As a consumer, I am of course fond of those that include the PDF in the cost of the print edition.

In general, if I can't get that, I still get the print edition anyway, 'cause I love me my dead trees, but the PDF is extra-special love.

yrs--
--Ben

Grover

Put me down as another voice in favor of Print+PDF.  I'm not a huge fan of PDF's, but I'm also not a huge fan of waiting for shipping to happen.  With Print+PDF I get an electronic copy I can read while waiting for my paper copy to arrive.
Steve

Andrew Morris

For me, getting the .pdf with the print copy would be a nice bonus, but having it or not wouldn't influence my decision to buy the print copy.
Download: Unistat

Mike Holmes

Somehow I completely missed the entire development of Capes (I heard about it a little and saw threads with it as the subject, but never read them). Which I think is a fabulous development. That is, it means that The Forge has enough people on it that we can be helping people get going without everyone having to help everyone, every time. I think this should shatter any "Good Old Boy" consiracy theories about The Forge.

So thanks for becoming an example of how well the community works. And welcome to the business end of things. :-)

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Keith Senkowski

Tony,

Congrats and welcome to the club.  Wish you well and hope to meet you at Dreamation.

Keith
Conspiracy of Shadows: Revised Edition
Everything about the game, from the mechanics, to the artwork, to the layout just screams creepy, creepy, creepy at me. I love it.
~ Paul Tevis, Have Games, Will Travel

Tony Irwin

Quote from: TonyLBThis thread is for news regarding Capes, superhero roleplaying game.

And the first news is that the books are printed and in the mail to me.  The PDF is soon to be loaded onto the Forge Library.  All is in readiness for the big day.  Now I'm getting flashes of Shoujo Story.

Your big day is coming! That's wonderful news Tony, I'm looking forward to buying a copy. Can you tell us about the art? You did your own cover right? Did you do any more pieces? Was making art for your own game fun or did it feel like work?

Tony

TonyLB

It was fun and it felt like work.  I've got masses of little vector-sketches in the Click and Lock sections, and those were a little frustrating, just because each sketch felt like only a drop in a bucket.  The chapter headings were a bit more fun, because they felt more like an accomplishment.