News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

RAWK Out!

Started by Keith Senkowski, April 05, 2005, 11:10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daMoose_Neo

Greenwheel :D
These guys have gone from indie rock to signed and back to indie, and still rock the house! Plus, free music on their site and encouragement of their fans to track down old copies on Kazza, you just don't see that!

http://www.greenwheel.net (rawkin off the site :D)
Nate Petersen / daMoose
Neo Productions Unlimited! Publisher of Final Twilight card game, Imp Game RPG, and more titles to come!

xenopulse

American Head Charge, Mudvayne, Killswitch Engage, and http://www.di.fm.

Andrew Morris

Oh, thanks for reminding me, Nate. Terri Hendrix is also indie and you can download music off her website, so if you like country or folk (or just female vocalists in general) check out some of her songs.
Download: Unistat

Matt Machell

Terrorvision - My number one listen. Regular Urban Survivors is a wonderful album in every way.

And what's really cool is I checked their website cos of this thread, and they're gigging again (they had stopped with the "Take the Money and Run" tour).

-Matt

Frank T

Right now System of a Down. All time favorite Guns 'n' Roses.

Ben Lehman

As of right now, I am rawking out to Bob Dylan.

yrs--
--Ben

Anonymous

Listened to the new Starbucks collection of early Miles Davis on the way to work.  I'll probably listen to Marlene Dietrich singing cabaret on the way home.  This morning I was listening to Warren Zevon's "Lawyers, Guns, and Money" over and over again.  

Call me retro-lame.

Luke Sineath

Lately, Anti-Cimex and Totalitar.
"By all means, the GM must be ready to act out and exaggerate the personalities of all NPCs.  Even if it means breaking the table everyone is gaming on."  --Curse of Kabis

DevP

Fiona Apple's new leaked album, Extraordinary Machine. Experimental, but totally excellent. Also, Damone, a heroic Boston pop punk bands with a major retro high school flavor. Also, Greg Trooper, if you want something countryish.

I usually rock a lot louder than this...

Jonathan Walton

Lately, I've been grooving on the put-a-soul-singer-in-a-numetal-band style of the aforementioned Killswitch Engage and Sevendust.  That's RAWK.  Throw in some DragonForce and you have POWER EXTREME RAWK!

Also, Chris Thile's new solo album is sex in a bag.  Who knew a mandolin prodigy would grow up into such an accomplished musician?  And then there's one of the south's best kept secrets: Jump, Little Children.

And then there's all the obscure indie Chinese rock that none of you have ever heard of.  Catcher in the Rye, anyone?  Anyone?  No?

DevP

Jonothan, you posted some band (Nand?) on your LJ recently, and they were REALLY awesome.

Frank T

I've been rawking out to German stuff lately. Check out "Subway to Sally". That is a German Folk Metal classic. Truly awesome.

- Frank

Luke

Quote from: Keith Senkowski on April 05, 2005, 11:10:31 AM
What are you RAWKing Out to?

I am currently RAWKing out to the Soviettes, Scared of Chaka, and Apocalypse Hoboken.

Keith

Lies. I saw your iTunes tracks yesterday Senowski. It was all Police and Zeppelin. Don't try to pretend you're cool. No one believes you anyway.

My current writing playlist contains:
Zyklon
Red Sparowes
Callisto
Tides
Ufomamut
Knut
Rosetta
Minsk
and Solstafir.

My alarm clock plays 35007's Tsunami.

Only Dro can exceed my obscuriteh!
-Luke

Thor Olavsrud

Quote from: abzu on April 06, 2006, 09:03:14 AM
Only Dro can exceed my obscuriteh!

I can match it, since a year has passed from the original post:

Here's what I'm listening to heavily at the moment:
    Shellac, 1,000 Hurts
    Uffomammut, Snailking
    Mouth of the Architect, Time and Withering
    Rosetta, The Galilean Satellites
    Om, Conference of the Birds
    Skalpel, Skalpel
    Earth, HEX: Or Printing in the Infernal Method
    Mississippi John Hurt, Avalon Blues - The Complete 1928 Okeh Recordings
    Irakere, Bailando Asi
    The HorrorPops, Hell Yeah!
    G.S. Sachdev/Zachir Hussain, Flights of Improvisation

Ben Lehman

I have been alternating sugary-sweet Chinese (and some Japanese and Korean) pop and great old American country and folk ballads.  This is because I've been writing Bliss Stage and Drifter's alternately.