News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Revised Revised Edition of Conspiracy of Shadows?

Started by Luke, July 16, 2005, 06:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith Senkowski

Judd,

I want to meet that dude that gets confused so I can appologize for the behavior of Luke and Droz.

SNAP!

Keith
Conspiracy of Shadows: Revised Edition
Everything about the game, from the mechanics, to the artwork, to the layout just screams creepy, creepy, creepy at me. I love it.
~ Paul Tevis, Have Games, Will Travel

Andrew Morris

Quote from: Paka on July 18, 2005, 12:08:26 PM
This is going to confuse some poor mofo so very much.

It already has. Color me a confused mofo.
Download: Unistat

Keith Senkowski

Quote from: Andrew Morris on July 18, 2005, 01:56:45 PM
It already has. Color me a confused mofo.

I would like to appologize then for the behavior of Droz and Luke.  Don't worry, they will get theirs.

Keith
Everything about the game, from the mechanics, to the artwork, to the layout just screams creepy, creepy, creepy at me. I love it.

Luke

Quote from: Bob Goat on July 18, 2005, 11:26:19 AM
The terminal velocity rules will be included in the Conspiracy of Delta Green by way of the X-Files Companion.  Said book will be out at GenCon.  My appologies for forgeting such an important aspect of the game.  I also plan on including lifepaths and a Grief Mechanic in said book.

I'm shocked, Mr Senkowsky, shocked. You've handily illustrated one of the greatest drawbacks of the entire so-called "indie-rpg" movement: All of these games are the same -- they are born of the same incestuous design process as illustrated on this very site. Borrowing wholsesale from Burning Wheel is at once utterly predictable and wholly unnecessary, but it does fit the type of so-called innovation found here.

Yes, you've only affirmed my belief. I won't be purchasing the new edition of Revised Convocation of Shadows. Nor will I be purchasing anything from Luke Crane or Radek Drozdalski if this is the type of incestuous relationship your companies have.

-Luke

Larry L.

When does the new Conspiracy Burner come out? Or had you not announced that one yet?

Keith Senkowski

Quote from: Larry Lade on July 18, 2005, 05:55:54 PM
When does the new Conspiracy Burner come out? Or had you not announced that one yet?

The Conspiracy Burner will be done once I figure out how to stretch it into two books, one for creating the conspiracy and one for the rules on using them...

Keith "Not Afraid of Luke & Droz's Home Made Shivs" Senkowski

Thor Olavsrud

If you need an editor for your game, The Conspiracy of Wheels Fantasy Roleplaying System, just let me know...

Luke

Quote from: Thor Olavsrud on July 18, 2005, 06:22:23 PM
If you need an editor for your game, The Conspiracy of Wheels Fantasy Roleplaying System, just let me know...

Traitor!

::begins sharpening two toothbrushes against the concrete wall::

drozdal

Quote from: Bob Goat on July 18, 2005, 11:26:19 AM
Mr. Crane,

The terminal velocity rules will be included in the Conspiracy of Delta Green by way of the X-Files Companion.  Said book will be out at GenCon.  My appologies for forgeting such an important aspect of the game.  I also plan on including lifepaths and a Grief Mechanic in said book.

How ya like me now!
Keith

Dear Mr. Senkowski (at this point you can clearly see, that i've checked your last name with my polish dictionary, and spelled it correctly, unlike some other people posting in this thread)

But back to the matter, are you planning on releasing said suppelement in PDF format or rather as a printed one? But this point I have to say that I'm very curious about Your approach on the matter of velocity rules.

Larry L.

Quote from: drozdalBu this point I have to say that I'm very curious about Your approach on the matter of velocity rules.

As one of the privileged playtesters of said rules, I can attest they're very innovative. Each round of falling is divided into three phases. Before the round, each player secretly checks off whether he will Scream, Flail, or Fall (do nothing.) Then, all physics are resolved simultaneously. It really captures the chaos of falling like no other RPG before. It's a brilliant mechanic, and one I am assured is wholely original.

Thor Olavsrud

Quote from: Larry Lade on July 19, 2005, 09:19:52 AM
As one of the privileged playtesters of said rules, I can attest they're very innovative. Each round of falling is divided into three phases. Before the round, each player secretly checks off whether he will Scream, Flail, or Fall (do nothing.) Then, all physics are resolved simultaneously. It really captures the chaos of falling like no other RPG before. It's a brilliant mechanic, and one I am assured is wholely original.

I haven't read this rule, and certainly haven't played it, but I plan to villify you in all the forums I can. Clearly, if someone were stupid enough to use this rule, they'd be falling "blind." That's incredibly unrealistic, and frankly I'm shocked that even dimwits like you could write such a broken rule.

Keith Senkowski

Quote from: drozdal on July 19, 2005, 01:39:17 AM
Dear Mr. Senkowski (at this point you can clearly see, that i've checked your last name with my polish dictionary, and spelled it correctly, unlike some other people posting in this thread)

But back to the matter, are you planning on releasing said suppelement in PDF format or rather as a printed one? Bu this point I have to say that I'm very curious about Your approach on the matter of velocity rules.

Dear Sir,

I am planning on releasing said supplement as an html document to appease Mike Holmes, since he likes them so much better than PDFs.

It should be noted that the velocity rules take into account terminal velocity.  Also, the choice to fall is directly proportionate to an individuals grief rating, which subtracts from any hesitation brought on by a Steel test when choosing to leap into the air...

Keith

urbwar

So when does the Burning Conspiracy of the Shadow Wheel come out anyway?
Join the Buffy Rpg Mailing list:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/btvsrpg-eden/

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: urbwar on July 19, 2005, 10:29:22 AM

What is this? Some kind of Asian supplement for the Conspiracy of Yesterday's Shadow? Because that's what we need: another poorly-done "like Japan, but different" game by some white guy from Chicago.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Keith Senkowski

Quote from: urbwar on July 19, 2005, 10:29:22 AM

I am in the middle of negotiations with Thor for editing the monstrous tome (1,234 pages split into two books).  I am also negotiating with Luke's Crane's posse so I can get flame war presence on RPG.net.

Keith