News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Started by Clinton R. Nixon, July 17, 2005, 02:47:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clinton R. Nixon

Everyone,

We've obviously changed the software the Forge runs on. My apologies for the current looks of it. It's all unintegrated and wacko. Give me a day or two to finish, but feel free to go ahead and use the software as is right now.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Selene Tan

I miss the "Recent Topics" search link from the older forums. Does SMF have a similar feature?
RPG Theory Wiki
UeberDice - Dice rolls and distribution statistics with pretty graphs

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: Selene Tan on July 17, 2005, 03:04:19 AM
I miss the "Recent Topics" search link from the older forums. Does SMF have a similar feature?
You should see that right up top, under your name.

Going to sleep now, guys - I'll answer more questions in the morning.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Clinton R. Nixon

Seriously, is this thing faster? It feels like I'm driving a race car over here.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Joshua Patterson

Well, I've got a wierd problem.  I'm using Firefox under Linux.  When I view a thread, I scroll with the mouse wheel like I'm sure everyone else does.  However now, I'll get basically past the first message and hit a dead zone, where I can't scroll at all.  So I have to manually pull down from the side.  I went over to Simple Machines community forum and have the same problem.  In researching and setting it up, did you run across anyone else having this problem at all Clinton?

Note my scroll wheel works just fine everywhere else and actually works at the forge outside of viewing a thread.
- Joshua Patterson

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: Uzzah on July 17, 2005, 10:39:43 AM
Well, I've got a wierd problem.  I'm using Firefox under Linux.  When I view a thread, I scroll with the mouse wheel like I'm sure everyone else does.  However now, I'll get basically past the first message and hit a dead zone, where I can't scroll at all.  So I have to manually pull down from the side.  I went over to Simple Machines community forum and have the same problem.  In researching and setting it up, did you run across anyone else having this problem at all Clinton?

Note my scroll wheel works just fine everywhere else and actually works at the forge outside of viewing a thread.

Happens to me too - here and at Gmail. It's something about the way they make the search text boxes - Firefox totally gets trapped in them. However, since I've seen it at several websites (including my own weblog, not Gmail. But whatever...) I'm totally putting that one off on Firefox.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Joshua Patterson

Quote from: Clinton R. Nixon on July 17, 2005, 10:47:38 AM
Happens to me too - here and at Gmail. It's something about the way they make the search text boxes - Firefox totally gets trapped in them. However, since I've seen it at several websites (including my own weblog, not Gmail. But whatever...) I'm totally putting that one off on Firefox.

Hmmm, it doesn't suprise me that it's Firefox's problem.  Ah well, time to fire up lynx I guess.  ;)
- Joshua Patterson

Paul Czege

Hey Clinton,

Did we lose the "saved messages" section of private messages?

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

Paul Czege

Also, I seem to be missing several recently received private messages.

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: Paul Czege on July 17, 2005, 11:14:05 AM
Also, I seem to be missing several recently received private messages.

Paul

Paul,

I'll check on that. I've got a backup from when I converted it. (Last night, 10 PM.)
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Clinton R. Nixon

On the private message issue: saved messages are still there, but they're integrated into your other private messages now. No one should be missing any private messages according to my accounting, but I could be wrong.

I will look into finding an extension for the forum software that allows for saved private messages in a separate queue.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Andy Kitkowski

Wow.  VERY interesting.  I know you're gonna be adjusting here and there for a bit.  Just wanted to say that I like the current color scheme. 

Still, it's gonna take my brain a while to adjust. 
The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.

Larry L.

Clinton,

Just so you know, old posts don't seem to be accessible. I can't reach the posts listed in "The Infamous Five."

Jason Petrasko

Yes, the forum feels much faster- at least on my end. Go go gadget Clinton! :)

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: Miskatonic on July 17, 2005, 03:25:24 PM
Clinton,

Just so you know, old posts don't seem to be accessible. I can't reach the posts listed in "The Infamous Five."

Larry,

Good catch. It's fixed now. Thanks!
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games