News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Adept GenCon titles

Started by Larry L., August 15, 2005, 05:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry L.

Ron,

Will Adept Press be selling anything kewl at the Forge booth this year, other than the four Sorcerer books and Elfs? I gotta get my picks in by Wednesday.

Ron Edwards

Except for hard copies of Trollbabe - the current PDF, just photocopied and comb-bound - that's it.

Doctor Chaos will get a hefty dose of playtesting, I hope, and that ought to get it into production within weeks. Wish I'd had the inspiration for it a month earlier.

Best,
Ron

Old_Scratch

Ron, I hope you don't mind me asking if you're going to do a print version of Demon Cops + additional material. I remember seeing something about that a while ago but haven't heard anything since...

--==--
Garett

Yokiboy

Hi Ron,

First I've heard of Doctor Chaos, I think a search of this forum is in order as I find nothing on the Adept Press web site. I thought you were only working on that 'German spy game.'

I would, like Garett, love an extended print version of Demon Cops. A fifth Sorcerer book would nicely round out the game IMO.

TTFN,

Yoki

Ron Edwards

Hello,

Full run-down.

1. I realized that my use of the term "Demon Cops" was almost certainly inspired by the term as used in the comic Grimjack, although the details/point of the terms are different. One significant detail that was clearly inspired by the comic is the badge. As the comic has been recently revived, and as the author is a friend of mine, it seems rotten on my part to develop a product which rips off his term.

2. Trollbabe was too much trouble to rewrite and redo this year. Also, my desire to "heal gamers" has diminished to nearly zero, and it's clear to me that Trollbabe is 100% successful for its target audience. Fixing it for the gamers is literally a repugnant task. At this point, I'm inclined to say "Go read Dogs in the Vineyard and prep for Trollbabe like that."

3. Spione is not my "spy game." It's not an RPG and it's not for the Forge, GenCon, game stores, or anything like that. Don't expect it to be described, promoted, or discussed here.

4. Doctor Chaos, on the other hand, is a short RPG that I hit upon only in the last few weeks. There's already a thread in Indie Design about it. I'll be playtesting it a lot at GenCon and developing it openly here at the Forge afterward. It looks like it's going to be a lot of fun.

Best,
Ron

Yokiboy

Quote from: Ron Edwards on August 16, 2005, 01:16:20 PM
3. Spione is not my "spy game." It's not an RPG and it's not for the Forge, GenCon, game stores, or anything like that. Don't expect it to be described, promoted, or discussed here.
Okay, Spione sounds like a spy game to me, purely based on the name. Since you don't want to discuss it on the Forge, where can I look for updates on it, or will there just be a press release once completed? I personally enjoy your work as a game designer, and am excited to see what you'll cook up. I collect games based on designers I like, even outside the Forge and roleplaying games.

Too bad about Demon Cops, but great news about Grimjack being back (I had missed that).

TTFN,

Yoki