News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Resolving an Issue

Started by Mayuran, March 10, 2006, 05:20:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayuran

In our recent game of Primetime Adventures, Quantum Bums, I resolved my character's issue during his spotlight episode. It was unclear to us whether he picks another issue, or continues through the remaining four episodes of the series without one. The latter seemed to be more obvious choice, since there won't be another spotlight episode to bring a new issue to focus.

Any advice on this front? How have other folks dealt with this in their series?

peace-

mayuran

JMendes

Hey, :)

I think the rules specifically say that you have to pick a new issue, or even keep the same one, but transformed, somehow.

Sure, you won't have another spotlight ep, but you're still in the show, and there are still going to be conflicts about you, which means you need an issue so that you can set stakes.

I think.

Cheers,
J.
João Mendes
Lisbon, Portugal
Lisbon Gamer

Matt Wilson

Hey Mayuran.

The point in all that is deciding what has changed, or what do you think that change is going to be? That's what your next issue is.

What was your character's issue? I can give you some ideas of how it'd work.

Mayuran

Quote from: Matt Wilson on March 10, 2006, 01:46:04 PMWhat was your character's issue? I can give you some ideas of how it'd work.

The character's issue was "self destruction." In the series, he is a time traveller from a dystopian 2020 who is back in the 1950s (to keep the Brooklyn Dodgers from leaving for LA) and saw things in the past to be equally dysfuctional (in terms of politics, race, and in how personally unwholesome and despicable the other characters were). In the pivotal scene of the spotlight, he overcame his disgust and despair and decided that his mission was too important to give up, and that he could help these damaged people be better.

David "Czar Fnord" Artman

Quote...his mission was too important to give up, and that he could help these damaged people be better.

That sounds like an issue to me: cynical martyrdom. Transitions nicely from self-destructive, too; he is self-sacrificing for entities which he feels might not deserve it.

Just 2¢;
David
If you liked this post, you'll love... GLASS: Generic Live Action Simulation System - System Test Document v1.1(beta)