News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Capes in Game Stores?

Started by drnuncheon, July 26, 2006, 04:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drnuncheon

Tony,

Do you (or do you plan to) make Capes available to traditional retail outlets like game stores?  I've thought about demoing at our FLGS, but I think it'd be wrong to demo a product that he couldn't get in to sell.

J

Vaxalon

Most FLGS's won't order from anywhere except the big distributors.
"In our game the other night, Joshua's character came in as an improvised thing, but he was crap so he only contributed a d4!"
                                     --Vincent Baker

TonyLB

They can get it from IPR.  If they're cool with that, I'm cool with that.
Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum

Matthew Glover

I've managed to convince the owner of my FLGS that indie games are cool, so he carries a selection of them.  Last time I was there, he had Capes, Polaris, Bulldogs, The Mountain Witch, Inspectres, Dogs in the Vineyard, and several others.

That said, I don't think they sell very well for him.  His customer base is heavily skewed toward Magic, Yu-gi-oh, and boardgames. 

Alex F

Capes is sold in Leisure games in London (with a  bunch of other indies), although I wound up getting it from IPR.

Tuxboy

My FLGS in Edinburgh carries Capes and a wide variety of other indies...big backer of indie games
Doug

"Besides the day I can't maim thirty radioactive teenagers is the day I hang up my coat for good!" ...Midnighter