News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

GenCon promotion

Started by Matt Snyder, August 04, 2002, 10:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Snyder

This is directed mainly at Ron and Jason, but read on, oh brainstormers and fellow GenCon Forge booth sellers ...  

What, if any, kind of promotion can we do at the booth? I mean this in terms of things like posters, or maybe counter stand-up displays and the like.

Ron, I _think_ you once mentioned having a wire rack of some kind. Do you still have something like this in mind? How will the games (especially the for-sale games) be presented?

Naturally, I defer to the display of Jason and Ron's for-sale material. It is your booth after all! I guess I'm just trying to figure out whether I could/should create some promotional materials / displays for Dust Devils.

Thanks!
Matt
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

Jason L Blair

I bought a rack that holds 20 8.5x11 books that is for displaying the books we will have for sale. As far as promotion, I don't have a problem with putting posters up or flyers are certainly welcome.

What else did you have in mind, Matt?
Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer

Jared A. Sorensen

Nice .sig, Matt!

I, too, am wondering if I should bring anything special? Like, i wuz gonna be one or two muscle cars (they had 'em at Kay-Bee Toys for cheep!) and stick 'em near octaNe. Izzat cool?

Is the Forge going to have a banner? And what kind of set-up time are we talkin' bout for the booth? I'll probably get to the Con by 9:30-ish am on Thursday if all goes well.

- J
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

Jason L Blair

As long as the scale is reasonable, I don't see a problem with displaying muscle cars. ;)

I was going to get a FORGE banner, but didn't for cost reasons. There will however be a Little Fears poster and probably an Adept Press/Sorcerer poster. If you want a poster, make one. It won't be a problem displaying them if:

1) You have paid the $100 to sell your game and;

2) The poster doesn't exceed a reasonable size (2'Wx3'H)

Just use common sense and everything will be kosher.

As far as set-up time, the hall opens at 10am on Thursday. There won't be much set-up involved (not like the bedroom display Key 20 had last year) and Ron and I should be able to get it done in little time on Wednesday.
Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer

Ron Edwards

Hi everyone,

What Jason said. I like the idea of a few nifty posters and promo items kickin' around the booth.

Flyers or other paper advertisements about your games are also welcome; we'll pass out that stuff constantly.

Best,
Ron

Michael Hopcroft

Even though I'm at the GPA booth, can I drop off some flyers? I'll have 250 in two colors packed in my suitcase and I might (if the cash holds up) be able to make more.
Michael Hopcroft Press: Where you go when you want something unique!
http:/www.mphpress.com

Ron Edwards

Hi Michael,

I think I've repeated to you and to others, several times, that flyers and promotional materials for other games are welcome at the Adept/Key20 booth. I'd appreciate it if I didn't have to explain that again.

Best,
Ron