News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Circus Wrestlers

Started by Matt Gwinn, May 01, 2003, 04:14:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Gwinn

I'm working on adding some material to the Promoter's Handbook about wrestling for the circus.  Professional wrestling started out as part of the side show and I feel obligated to include something in the game about it.  The big problem is that I can't find a shred of information about modern day circus/carnival wrestlers.  

I know a lot about wrestling and I know a little about the circus, but I don't know much about the two combined without making a lot of assumptions or going back to the early 20's.

Do any of you know about, or have any of you watched wrestling as part of an established circus/carnival that still tours?  And I don't mean a local promotion that performed at the county fair.  I mean a group of wrestlers that are an actual PART of the circus/carnival.

Any Help would be appreciated.

,Matt Gwinn
Errant Knight Games
Kayfabe: The Inside Wrestling Game
On sale now at
www.errantknightgames.com

Garbanzo

Matt-

I don't know anything about circi (?) or wrestlers, but I have an contact for you.

I happen to live in Baltimore, which prides itself on the bizarre.

One piece of this is the American Dime Museum (www.dimemuseum.com), which is devoted exclusively to the mostly-lost art of the circus sideshow.  (Entrance to same cost one dime.  (Entrance to the Dime Museum, BTW, was initially "One piece of folding money."))  And it's got Fiji mermaids, 5-legged dogs, authentic unicorns.  They also do things like bring in sword swallowers, etc.

And (relevance slowly creeping in) they also happen to be nice folks who are all about disseminating info on old sideshow stuff.  
The website gives this email: showmanjames@orishatech.com

Luck.
-Matt

Paul Czege

Circus wrestlers? I would totally play http://www.fscclub.com/thoughts/borchihi2-e.shtml">Kaybabe if you wrote it.

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans