News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

JUNE: Forge/Indies Release Roadmap for the Summer?

Started by Andy Kitkowski, June 05, 2003, 12:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Kitkowski

Hey all, just some standard disclaimers and notices:

1) I'm not indicating that Forge games are better than others. It's easy to find a list of up-and-coming mainstream games, but it's hard to find out what's coming up in the indies world without visiting every single forum here and reading all the stickies. That's all.
2) I'm not indicating that indies games are empirically better than non indie-games.
3) No hates, no discussions like those of the above two points, just products of note (and any comments that you have on them).

OK, so I'm on a budget for a trip I'm taking later this year, and until then my resources are tight. Normally I kinda go nuts when I see someone release a game around here, running right out and picking it up.

What I'm looking for is a quick rundown of games, supplements, etc for indie games that Forge folks (or other folks of note) are releasing in June, July, August and September. I'm not looking for "I may release something eventually", or "I'm working on it, and may release it in a few months", I'm looking for stuff that's definitely going to be available for these months. Anything goes. I'm not too interested in d20 stuff myself, but I'm totally open to anything unique or creative there (and I'm sure others that view this thread may be interested in it).

Any commentary you can provide (or a website, link to more info, etc) would be helpful.

Here's what I know:

Sex and the Sorcerer (June, if not now), approx $15. The third supplement for Sorcerer, more info at www.adept-press.com.

What else is coming out?

Thanks!
-Andy
The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.

Jared A. Sorensen

I'll be releasing a dead-tree version of InSpectres at GenCon. With any lucky I'll have Schism: Unleashed as well.
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

Andy Kitkowski

Quote from: Jared A. SorensenI'll be releasing a dead-tree version of InSpectres at GenCon. With any lucky I'll have Schism: Unleashed as well.

Hey dude- Do you have any more info on Schism: Unleashed?  I could only find the Sorcerer version on your website. Is it a new version of the original, or is it it's own game?

Thanks!
-Andy
The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.

Jared A. Sorensen

Quote from: Andy Kitkowski
Quote from: Jared A. SorensenI'll be releasing a dead-tree version of InSpectres at GenCon. With any lucky I'll have Schism: Unleashed as well.

Hey dude- Do you have any more info on Schism: Unleashed?  I could only find the Sorcerer version on your website. Is it a new version of the original, or is it it's own game?

Thanks!
-Andy

It's a new version of the original with a totally revamped system for the psychic powers. Probably the same length but 1/3 new material.
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

Nathan

Greets,

"Adventures in Ass Kicking", the first supplement for Eldritch Ass Kicking, will be coming out at the end of this month or early in July (by early I mean July 1-3). I'm stoked about it. I don't think anything else of mine is nearer to release either.

Thanks,
Nathan
-------------------------------------------
http://www.mysticages.com/
Serving imagination since '99
Eldritch Ass Kicking:
http://www.eldritchasskicking.com/
-------------------------------------------

Paul Czege

Hey Andy,

My Life with Master, a roleplaying game of villainy, self-loathing, and unrequited love, will be for sale in print at GenCon at the Forge location. Player characters are the significant minions of a horrific and dysfunctional Master. The author is Paul Czege, publishing as Half Meme Press. Price and page count have yet to be determined. Post-convention PDF sale is planned. http://www.halfmeme.com will have details.

Paul

p.s. Take a look at that URL for a sneak peek at one of Colin Theriot's awesome illustrations.
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

Jonathan Walton

The free playtest PDF of Argonauts should be out by the end of June and the commercial PDF by the end of the Summer.  After that, I start committing 100% to Ever-After, which should be done by late Fall.

Argonauts will released under Green Ronin's M&M Superlink license, for use with their Mutants & Masterminds superhero game.  However, leaving the 4-color world behind, Argonauts describes the heroes of epic Greek tragedy.  Characters face an ongoing struggle between their Myth (representing fame and might) and their Fate (representing the tragedy that will ultimately doom them).  They achieve great deeds, but eventually fall in spectacular epic fashion.  It is a game in which there are no happy endings.  Should be quite delicious.

Peter Nordstrand

Hi,

Well Issaries releases HeroQuest in July and  Hero's Book in August. Both releases seem pretty certain; HeroQuest is at the printer and Hero's Book has been ready for publication for over a year now.

Cheers,

/Peter N
Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.
     —Grey's Law

Matt Snyder

I'll be releasing Nine Worlds in print and PDF editions.

The print edition should debut at the Forge booth at GenCon, fates willing. The PDF will be available either simultaneously or shortly thereafter.
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

Michael Hopcroft

Seraphim gaurd jsut released HeartQuest Diceless at RPGnow and so far we've had modest but better-than-anticipated success with it. We should have a couple more e-books coming out this summer, but HeartQuest 2nd Edition is being delayed until September to take advanatge of the new D20 rules from GenCon.
Michael Hopcroft Press: Where you go when you want something unique!
http:/www.mphpress.com

brainwipe

Icar Free RPG Scavenger Setting (free aswell), by 19th of June.

Also the next version of the Society book (v1.2) will be out by 15th July.

samdowning

We've got the Island Nations supplement coming out for Arrowflight in print format.  It's at the printers right now.  Haven't seen any proofs yet, so it'll be a few weeks before it hits shelves.  We're putting up our preorder sometime today on the site.  Maps, new cultures, new creatures, boats galore (OK, OK, ships... whatever...), and... sea monsters.  :)  It's very cool, even if I do say so myself.

Shriek/Bloode Island double feature (yes, a print version of the 1PGs) is coming out right on its heels and will be going to the printer as soon as it's quadruple-checked and we get the proofs back on Island Nations.

Cold Roads (another Arrowflight supplement for the far north), Santa's Soldiers and the Red Dwarf Series Sourcebook will all be out (the first one only in pdf) before Christmas.

I know.  Ambitious, but we seem to be keeping up for the most part.
-------------------------
Samantha Downing
Deep7
http://www.deep7.com

Cynthia Celeste Miller

We're aiming for a GenCon release date for the first two Cartoon Action Hour sourcebooks, Darkness Unleashed and Metal Wars.  Also, the much delayed issue #1 of After These Messages will be released here in the next couple of weeks.  Severe production problems have delayed the e-magazine so much it's scary.
Cynthia Celeste Miller
President, Spectrum Games
www.spectrum-games.com

rafael

Well, in under a week, I'll be releasing the first spellbook for Dread.  It's called "Supreme Excellence," and it features new magic inspired by kung-fu movies like "Five Venoms Vs. Wu Tang" (martial arts badasses fight ninja zombies and vampires and crap, it's a great movie).  So that's pretty much done, and after I add the art, it'll be up, probably this weekend.

There will be a collection of scenarios called "Double Negative," and they'll be available in early August.  In addition to the scenarios, the PDF will also include sample characters and gameplay tips.

Both of these will be free.

Word is bond,
Rafael
Rafael Chandler, Neoplastic Press
The Books of Pandemonium

Marco

JAGS Have-Not, our extensive post-apocalypse world book will be out this summer (it'll be free so it won't impact your budget!). It's going to be the coolest looking thing we've ever released with more art, maps, and setting detail than we've ever done before.

We're shooting for 3-5 weeks.

-Marco
---------------------------------------------
JAGS (Just Another Gaming System)
a free, high-quality, universal system at:
http://www.jagsrpg.org
Just Released: JAGS Wonderland