News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

TFOB: Wish List

Started by Jake Norwood, July 29, 2003, 04:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krammer

Im thinking something along the lines of a follow-up attack. something so that when you land a successful hit, your weapon doesn't automatically go back to your stance. you know, something like being able to twist a dagger after stabbing, maybe to add more pain or blood loss. or after stabbing someone, so long as they're still alive, being able to rip your blade out in a way that does some extra damage to them.
  Mass battle stuff is a must, and more armor is necessary also.
A muppet is just a cross between a mop and a puppet.

Shadeling

Dang! I think everyone has pretty much covered it all.
The shadow awakens from its slumber in darkness. It consumes my heart.

Ben Lehman

Quote from: ShadelingDang! I think everyone has pretty much covered it all.

One last thing:  Simpler buying initiative rules.

yrs--
--Ben

MonkeyWrench

I know it would be rather complicated to make whole new damage charts and hit locations, but I'd like to see some notes on hitting to the back.
-Jim

Amy1419

Definitely want to see exact detailed descriptions of what armor covers which areas. You will not believe the arguments that occurred because everyone had different perceptions of what a chain shirt was and what it protected, etc.

Also, it says that there are firearms, so some stats please? I have had players wanting to have firearms and have been utterly clueless!
Perhaps also something like if you fail on the roll does the gun jam or backfire on the player causing them so many wounds, etc?

Any maybe something saying which weapons are best when against other specific weapons? For example trying to use a Rapier to parry a morningstar might not be the best idea or something of that nature.

Can't wait!!
Amy

Brian Leybourne

I just want to assure you guys that Jake and I do really appreciate this thread and are keeping an eye on it. Absolutely no promises at this point as to what will make it into the book or not, of course.

Anyway, I just didn't want anyone to feel discouraged that there had not been any "response".

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

Brassel

I got a wish not for the book but for the making of it.
It should be possible for us fans to get stuff into the book, if it is good.
I loved seeing the names of some of us in OBAM listed as contributors.
But I guess this thread is a sign that this is planned for the Flower as well!?!

Jake Norwood

Well, maybe. If there's something you (or anyone) feels particularly apt and qualified to write about that's popped up here, then email me about it and we'll chat.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Brian Leybourne

Quote from: Jake NorwoodWell, maybe. If there's something you (or anyone) feels particularly apt and qualified to write about that's popped up here, then email me about it and we'll chat.

Jake

As long as it's not something I'm already working on :-)

(Such as armor and mass combat, right now)

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

Janne Halmetoja

My wish list includes better armor rules and rules for breaking weapons and shields. I think these are already covered, but these are my wishes :).

wpbarr

Siege Engineering:
- engines
- improvised engines (rams, etc)
- mining/counter-mining
- scaling
- barricades, pits, etc.
- sorcery and sieges

Culture:
- preferred armor and weapons of each nation
- preferred small-unit tactics of each nation
- preferred tactics and strategies of each nation
--
<signature/>

deltadave

Add to the wish list -

Formation fighting: both on an individual  level and for mass combat.

Shipboard and ship to ship combat.
Deltadave
Whatever hits the fan
will not be equally distributed.

contracycle

I'd go for the offensive use of the shield.  For example, in the Zulu assegai and shield combo, the shield is the primary aggressive weapon and the spear used once the opponent has been battered to the ground.
Impeach the bomber boys:
www.impeachblair.org
www.impeachbush.org

"He who loves practice without theory is like the sailor who boards ship without a rudder and compass and never knows where he may cast."
- Leonardo da Vinci

LordSmerf

Quote from: KrammerIm thinking something along the lines of a follow-up attack. something so that when you land a successful hit, your weapon doesn't automatically go back to your stance. you know, something like being able to twist a dagger after stabbing, maybe to add more pain or blood loss. or after stabbing someone, so long as they're still alive, being able to rip your blade out in a way that does some extra damage to them.

It would be cool to see this taken a step further.  Attacks can shift you into new stances, some at your option some due to the nature of the attack.  Anything from "blade lodged in the skull" to a mapping of the options for backhand vs. forehand strikes due to blade position.

Thomas
Current projects: Caper, Trust and Betrayal, The Suburban Crucible

LordSmerf

After some consideration i find that i really want a couple of things.

-More stances: i'd really like to see a lot more stances customized for different schools.  Something with +2 dice for feints, or +3 dice for full evade.  Personally i'd love to see stances become much more important, though i'm not sure how practical that would be.
-More maneuvers: i'm not really that up to speed on European combat (i'm more interested in Oriental stuff myself), but i would like to see not only more maneuvers, but more specific maneuvers.  Maybe not mechanically, but kind of explaining what a Bind and Strike entails for someone fighting with a Case of Rapiers as opposed to Sword and Shield.  Kind of a description of what the maneuver would look like.
-All sorts of stuff that's already been mentioned.

Thomas
Current projects: Caper, Trust and Betrayal, The Suburban Crucible