News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Getting it out of your system.

Started by Domhnall, April 05, 2005, 08:41:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judd

Quote from: Bob GoatI always thought broccholi uncooked was good for you, but cooked was useless and that it prevents cancer.  I think we need a ruling on this...

Keith

I was talking about this yesterday with a co-worker who is also a cook and he said that if you boil it, it loses 85% of its good shit but if you steam it, it keeps 85% of its good shit.

So, if you want the good shit, steaming would be the way to go.

Walt Freitag

I hate the fact that the oil is going to run out and our nifty civilization is going to crash like the Goodyear blimp after a "transmute helium to stone" spell gets cast on it, and no one will play role playing games any more because we'll be too busy plowing the interstates and mining plastic out of old landfills and standing guard against roving bicycle gangs to protect our solar panels so we can still bathe in hot water every couple weeks.

Oh, and green peppers.

- W
Wandering in the diasporosphere

Keith Senkowski

Quote from: Walt FreitagI hate the fact that the oil is going to run out and our nifty civilization is going to crash like the Goodyear blimp after a "transmute helium to stone" spell gets cast on it, and no one will play role playing games any more because we'll be too busy plowing the interstates and mining plastic out of old landfills and standing guard against roving bicycle gangs to protect our solar panels so we can still bathe in hot water every couple weeks.

Oh, and green peppers.

- W

I for one can't wait for the collapse of civilization so that I can finally walk around with a crossbow mounted on my wrist in tight, uncomfortable, yet suprisingly stimulating leather.

Keith
Conspiracy of Shadows: Revised Edition
Everything about the game, from the mechanics, to the artwork, to the layout just screams creepy, creepy, creepy at me. I love it.
~ Paul Tevis, Have Games, Will Travel

Andrew Cooper

I hate the Storyteller System for being such a fucking lie.  Narrative and Story-centric my ass!  It's just crap, crap and crap.  All those hardcore WoD players need a ballistic enema.

I hate it when some naval-gazing cretin goes on and on and one about how "creative" he/she is without ever bringing up a single original idea of their own.  These people are especially annoying when they are role-players who only play literary character rip-offs... like a dual weapon wielding Drow Fighter or a claw enhanced regenerating scrapper.  Actually, this dislike might actually be two separate things. I just find them linked so often.

I hate The Impossible Thing Before Breakfast... especially when I'm a victim.

I hate EverQuest, World of WarCraft, Ultima Online and every other brain dead MMORPG ever created.  They're nothing but a money sink designed to suck your damn life away.

I hate CCG's for the same reasons I hate MMORPGs.

[Edited]  Broccoli must have cheese.

Sean

I always thought that RPGs would be a good postapocalyptic entertainment - cheap and easy to port around. Dice passed down from father to son, different house rules in each fortress community, everything much closer to actual play - I can hardly wait!

Steamed broccoli tastes better than boiled too.

Matt Snyder

Hate a game? Nah.

There are plenty of games I just don't give a shit about.
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

Matt Wilson

Quote from: SeanDice passed down from father to son

They'd be all chipped and dusty, and you'd roll 'em with fingerless leather gloves on. That would so rule.

As for Broccoli, green vegetables are all good anti-cancer food. Plus if you don't cook it too much, you get lots of fiber, which maybe you won't appreciate if you're under 30.

But back to antipathy...

I despise splatbooks. 90 percent of the contents are pointless fluff, and you know that generally people buy 'em looking for 2 things: cool new powers and cool new stuff. What's all this other crap doing in here?

Shreyas Sampat

I hate when people spell things funny and act like it makes them cool.

It doesn't. It just makes them spelled funny.

Emily Care

Quote from: SeanIs broccoli actually good for us? I've never been clear on this. I thought it was at one point but then someone who seemed to know what they were talking about claimed that it was mostly empty calories, like cauliflower. (I don't know if this is true about cauliflower either.) Anyone know the facts here?
I've always heard that "empty" calories thing about celery. I think it's an urban legend.

I hate urban legends--especially when I catch myself passing one on! I got caught by the "small dog found on the beach" one where it turns out that they are really big rats from south america.  And the disney kidnapping victims.  grrrrr... I liked the disney one, though.

--Em
Koti ei ole koti ilman saunaa.

Black & Green Games

Luke

Like Andy K, i hate wanking: "Let me say something just so we all can hear the sound of my voice."

Shut up and do it.

I hate the simultaneously empty and full feeling of my contemporary culture. It is at once incredibly engaging and stimulating, yet empty and devoid of gravity.

I hate contemporary american pop culture: I hate the fact that men can order other men to torture and humiliate other human beings and get caught at it -- in writing -- and not be punished by their peers. Yes, that's pop culture to me.

I hate murder. Whether by the state, the company or the private individual.

I hate living only in the present. Why can't I live three seconds ago for a few more minutes? Very frustrating.

And I hate the fact that my mind is so restless I can't accept with good grace the reality which enfolds me. No, I have to be a fucking pop-culture loving, shallow wanker.

Ah well.
-L

joshua neff

Game-wise?

I HATE that people consider D&D "the best gateway game," when it's so clearly only the best gateway game for bringing the same old schmucks into this hobby. And I hate that there's this group of gamers who sit in the student union, playing D&D. They look and behave exactly like the stereotypical D&D gamer, and I wish it weren't so logistically difficult to get my own group there, so we could sit in the union and play HeroQuest and Dogs in the Vineyard--showing people that there's more to gaming than fat fucks with long, curly hair and bad hygiene stuffing Cheetos into their mouths and laughing over stupid jokes.
--josh

"You can't ignore a rain of toads!"--Mike Holmes

Bill Cook

Celery helps control blood pressure (potassium content, diuretic effect), helps manage joint conditions (expels retained substances) and has a calming effect (tranquilizing agent in essential oils).

And it tastets good with peanut butter.

Sean

Celery's good with cream cheese too.

I heard that it actually burns more calories to digest it than it provides, in addition to doing all that good stuff. Is that true?

Obviously if you add the peanut butter or cream cheese the calorie count's going to be more substantial.

I hate calories. I like food though.

Danny_K

I love the World of Darkness, especially the really over-the-top stuff in 2nd Edtion, like the Mages having a big war over the moons of Jupiter and the Werewolf core book with the four-color comic inside.  

I love splatbooks.  Greg Stolze's Revised Clanbook for Giovanni will always be one of my favorite gaming books.  

I love vignettes, flavor text, signature characters and untouchable Uber-NPC's that function as cheap gimmicks for the GM...

I'm shameless.  I'm a whore.  

Um, I do hate mayonnaise, though.  

And I hate people who join my games, make great characters that I come up with great Bangs for, then drop out of the friggin' game after the first session.  Even turning their characters into evil NPC's doesn't make me feel better about this.
I believe in peace and science.

C. Edwards

I love dark beer that washes over and through me with the shadowy cool sensuousness of a confident lover.

I love the moment right before my lips touch the lips of another.

I love trees.

I hate politics.

I hate lawns.

I hate Monsanto.

-Chris