News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Snyder Has No Cell Phone

Started by Keith Senkowski, April 06, 2006, 02:52:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith Senkowski

What the fuck is up with that?  He is some sort of luddite or some shit?  I don't know.  What is your theory as to why he has not joined the rest of humanity?
Conspiracy of Shadows: Revised Edition
Everything about the game, from the mechanics, to the artwork, to the layout just screams creepy, creepy, creepy at me. I love it.
~ Paul Tevis, Have Games, Will Travel

Josh Roby

No cell?  Does he have internet access?  Does he have electricity?  Does he have indoor plumbing?  Does he live in a house with a roof and not some wattle-and-daub thing made out of tree roots?
On Sale: Full Light, Full Steam and Sons of Liberty | Developing: Agora | My Blog

Marhault

Fucking technophiles.  Those things will give you cancer, and shit.  If I didn't have to have one for work, I wouldn't carry one either.

Be strong, Matt.  Don't give in to the bullshit rat race that is modern society!

timfire

Ron Edwards has just barely saved himself---he just a cell phone, what? A month ago? A month and a half ago?
--Timothy Walters Kleinert

Bryan Hansel

I'm with Matt! No cell phone needed.  Don't give into the hype.

Andy Kitkowski

My wife and I have no cell phone. We are probably the last people both in NC and Japan that don't have cell phones.

A monthly phone bill is like the price of a dinner at Vespa.
http://www.zspotlight.com/establishment.asp?zWhat=music&EstID=9158

Vespa > 4 Phone Calls a Month

-Andy
(I've got Vonage at home, too. $15/mo for virtually unlimited talking)
The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.

Matt Snyder

Quote from: Joshua BishopRoby on April 06, 2006, 02:55:18 PM
No cell?  Does he have internet access?  Does he have electricity?  Does he have indoor plumbing?  Does he live in a house with a roof and not some wattle-and-daub thing made out of tree roots?

Everything but the roof. Roofers were supposed to come this week.

Mrs Snyder: We should get cell phones.
Mr. Snyder: We should not let rain spill on our bedspread.
Mrs. Snyder: Good point.
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

Keith Senkowski

Quote from: Matt Snyder on April 06, 2006, 03:53:06 PM
Everything but the roof. Roofers were supposed to come this week.

Mrs Snyder: We should get cell phones.
Mr. Snyder: We should not let rain spill on our bedspread.
Mrs. Snyder: Good point.

Why do I feel that the convesation was reversed in roles?  You just aren't that bright Matt...
Everything about the game, from the mechanics, to the artwork, to the layout just screams creepy, creepy, creepy at me. I love it.

Ron Edwards

Here's my speculation regarding the real conversation:

Mrs. Snyder: We should get cell phones.
Mr. Snyder: Ooohhhh, pretty Dust Devils cover.
Mrs. Snyder: I really need a cell phone, to keep track of you at all hours of day and night, and to make sure you buy the right brand of personal products when you're wandering helpless in the grocery store.
Mr. Snyder: Can we play Dust Devils with my mom again? Honey?
Mrs. Snyder: Get away from me.

Best, Ron

Keith Senkowski

Quote from: Ron Edwards on April 06, 2006, 04:00:15 PM
Here's my speculation regarding the real conversation:

Mrs. Snyder: We should get cell phones.
Mr. Snyder: Ooohhhh, pretty Dust Devils cover.
Mrs. Snyder: I really need a cell phone, to keep track of you at all hours of day and night, and to make sure you buy the right brand of personal products when you're wandering helpless in the grocery store.
Mr. Snyder: Can we play Dust Devils with my mom again? Honey?
Mrs. Snyder: Get away from me.

Best, Ron

I think Ron has a webcam set up in Matt's house.

Matt Snyder

Quote from: Keith Senkowski on April 06, 2006, 04:10:15 PM
I think Ron has a webcam set up in Matt's house.

This explains much. Ron, that night-time incident with the mayonaise jar? Let's just forget about it.
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

jrs

QuoteI really need a cell phone, to keep track of you at all hours of day and night, and to make sure you buy the right brand of personal products when you're wandering helpless in the grocery store.

Hrumph.  Using a cell phone to meet the challenge of picking up the right brand of personal products is cheating.

Julie

Marhault

Quote from: jrs on April 06, 2006, 04:16:39 PM
Hrumph.  Using a cell phone to meet the challenge of picking up the right brand of personal products is cheating.

Julie
Only in a gamist relationship.

Larry L.

Keith, if you pay me a stipend, I'll gladly hang around Snyder with my cellphone, and be his personal cellphone. "Ring ring! Ring ring! It's Keith dude. Ring ring!"

He doesn't keep weapons around, does he?

Quote from: Marhault on April 06, 2006, 04:18:32 PM
Only in a gamist relationship.

*snort!*

Thor Olavsrud

Quote from: Keith Senkowski on April 06, 2006, 02:52:14 PM
What the fuck is up with that?  He is some sort of luddite or some shit?  I don't know.  What is your theory as to why he has not joined the rest of humanity?

Do they have electricity out there yet?

About three weeks ago:

Thor: Awesome! Give me a ring when you land. Here's my cell phone number. What's yours, in case I need to get in touch with you?

Matt: ... I don't have a cell phone.

Thor: ... ::scratches head:: ... Watchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?!