News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Of Beasts and Men available for purchase!

Started by Jake Norwood, July 17, 2003, 11:40:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Mathodius Black

Question Jake,

I just got the OBAM password in my email and downloaded the zip file of it but it says i need Microsoft Picture It! Publishing installed in order to view it and i dont have that program.  is there any place i can download it from or get around that? otherwise i cant read OBAM without it.

Thanks,
SMB
"God helps those who helps themselves."

Jake Norwood

OBAM is now available for download. It's 16 MB, with bookmarks, thumbnails, and both front and back covers in color. After you order your PDF copy you will be notified in the email how to access the Forge Bookshelf, where you (may) need to register yourself. You can then download OBAM to your computer. If for some reason you lose the file, you can download it again.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Jake Norwood

Quote from: Sir Mathodius BlackQuestion Jake,

I just got the OBAM password in my email and downloaded the zip file of it but it says i need Microsoft Picture It! Publishing installed in order to view it and i dont have that program.  is there any place i can download it from or get around that? otherwise i cant read OBAM without it.

Thanks,
SMB

Um...

I don't know anything about that. It's a PDF. You should be able to view it on any version of Adobe acrobat later than 3 once you unzip it. Um...I'll contact Clinton R. Nixon, who hosts the Bookshelf.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Sir Mathodius Black

When i downloaded the file it was not even a PDF file at all....

Jake Norwood

Has anyone else has this problem? Clinton and I are thinking that it may be a problem with your Acrobat software or some other aspect of your computer. Have you tried re-installing Acrobat reader? Get the newest version from www.adobe.com

jake

Jake Norwood

I just downloaded it myself. It comes as a zip file with the PDF inside.

Brian Leybourne

Jeez.. everyone's getting their copies and *I* haven't even seen it yet... :-)

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

Salamander

Message deleted because I can be such a nonce sometimes...
"Don't fight your opponent's sword, fight your opponent. For as you fight my sword, I shall fight you. My sword shall be nicked, your body shall be peirced through and I shall have a new sword".

kanseg

Jake

I've not heard from you yet about the cost of international shipping to the UK for OBAM.  I appreciate this might not be possible yet (or that you may not have been able to reply because you are just be as incredibly busy as you usually are!) so I'm willing to settle for the PDF (for now) if that is the case.

Please could you let me know?

Regards

Harry

Chris Passeno

Works like a charm for me.  Thanks for putting this out, Jake.

-Chris

Sir Mathodius Black

ok i got the problem fixed so now its fine.  some screw up where my computer read the file wrong.  anyway thanks for the help.

Michael Tree

Is OBaM hardcover or softcover?  The description doesn't say.  Also, if I order the print book, will I be able to download the pdf immediately?
"Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be defeated"
--G.K. Chesterton

Jake Norwood

Softcover. If you order the print, you do get the download immediately (well, as soon as I authorize the download, which is close to immediately)

Jake

LordIvan

Quote from: Brian LeybourneJeez.. everyone's getting their copies and *I* haven't even seen it yet... :-)

Brian.

Hey - do you sign copies? If I got one, how difficult would that be to arrange?

Brian Leybourne

Probably not that hard for you, yeah.

I knew it was you :-)

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion