News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Of Beasts and Men available for purchase!

Started by Jake Norwood, July 17, 2003, 11:40:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake Norwood

Many of you allready know this from another thread, but I thought it deserved it's own thread...

Of Beasts and Men, the first official TROS supplement is available for purchase in either PDF format ($15) or Print format with the PDF as a limited free bonus ($25). Shipping on all Driftwood Products (okay, so that's two books) is also free currently. Go to www.theriddleofsteel.net/market for more.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Morfedel

I'm going to have to wait until august 1st to buy it. Hold on til then! :)

Sir Mathodius Black

well ill be ordoring mine today (hahaha)......yea anyway.  Btw, which new supplement will be coming out first, Sorcery & Fey or TFOB or something else?
"God helps those who helps themselves."

Lebo77

Jake Norwood

PDF distribution begins as soon as I can get it worked out with the forge bookshelf, meaning it could be today.

TFOB is my personal next project, though it may take a long time...I'm considering releasing it as several smaller PDFs as I finish them, then putting it all into a nice print book when that's done.

jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Draigh

Is OBAM going to be PDF only?

sorry if i missed it elsewhere..
Drink to the dead all you, still alive.
We shall join them, in good time.
If you go crossing that silvery brook it's best to leap before you look.

Draigh

Drink to the dead all you, still alive.
We shall join them, in good time.
If you go crossing that silvery brook it's best to leap before you look.

Sir Mathodius Black

i just ordered OBAM a few minutes ago.  will i recieve the PDF by email or what and when can i expect it?
"God helps those who helps themselves."

deltadave

[quote="TFOB is my personal next project, though it may take a long time...I'm considering releasing it as several smaller PDFs as I finish them, then putting it all into a nice print book when that's done.[/quote]

Jake,
     Will you be looking for contributors for TFoB?
Deltadave
Whatever hits the fan
will not be equally distributed.

Jake Norwood

I'm waiting for confirmation and set up on the Forge Bookshelf. Once that's up the book will be available. It should be friday.

Jake

Darth Tang

Quote from: Jake NorwoodTFOB is my personal next project, though it may take a long time...I'm considering releasing it as several smaller PDFs as I finish them, then putting it all into a nice print book when that's done.

jake

The 'article' system has worked very well for Harn, although for sme reason they've never done pdfs. Making TFoB several stand-alone sections would speed it to the gamers, keeping interest alive, and insure a steady source of income.
The answer to the Riddle of Steel: use a bow. From behind a wall. While they're asleep. The Riddle of Steel is to stay out of reach.

Jake Norwood

My thoughts, too. Plus it would allow 2 neat things:

1) We could revise and perfect as people play, and provided the updated the PDF to "subscribers" for free.

2) What you said.

Jake

Lxndr

Well, I bought it last night.  Had to make sure I didn't miss out on the brief window of "printed book" opportunity.  Been there done that before, missed out on some possibly great games as a result.  :(

What is "TFOB"?  I understand "Sorcery and Fey" but I can't parse what the letters "TFOB" are supposed to mean.
Alexander Cherry, Twisted Confessions Game Design
Maker of many fine story-games!
Moderator of Indie Netgaming

Morfedel

The Flower of Battle. Expanding on combat, basically, mass combat, etc. :)

Durgil

Hey Jake, where's this Forge Bookself that you talk about the pdf OBaM will be set up on?  Does it have something to do with the Articles area or the Resource Library that's at the top of The Forge website?
Tony Hamilton

Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror.  Horror and moral terror are your friends.  If they are not then they are enemies to be feared.  They are truly enemies.