News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Forge Midwest Official Thread

Started by Matt Snyder, February 15, 2006, 12:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timfire

I could probably pick up a few people from O'hare, depending on when their flights are. Give me a PM.
--Timothy Walters Kleinert

ptevis

I'm coming in to O'Hare at 5:30 PM, so if anyone's there at about that time and wants to split a cab. . .

--Paul
Paul Tevis
Have Games, Will Travel @ http://www.havegameswilltravel.net
A Fistful of Games @ http://afistfulofgames.blogspot.com

Blankshield

I get into Terminal 2 at 7:45, so probably at the main terminal a half hour after that, if it's comparable to other major airports. (I haven't been to O'Hare before, that I recall)

James
I write games. My games don't have much in common with each other, except that I wrote them.

http://www.blankshieldpress.com/

Andy Kitkowski

Hey all, looks like I get into OHARE at 9:00 AM. I WIN.

But more to that effect, anyone else coming in anywhere near that time? We could arrange a meet-and-cab, or get a ride from a fine fellow Chicagoite. Let me know by posting or PM.

Thanks!
-Andy
The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.

Domhnall

So, do you have a specific itinerary for gaming/discussion, or just a casual "What should we try now" idea?
--Daniel

timfire

Quote from: Domhnall on March 09, 2006, 03:47:42 AM
So, do you have a specific itinerary for gaming/discussion, or just a casual "What should we try now" idea?

We definitely need blocks of time, maybe 2 or 3 three hours at a time, rather than just a free-for-all. Hey Ron, how long were the blocks of time at DemonCon?  It would probably be helpful to have a list of games people want to play, though the schedule could be flexible time-wise. I hereby volunteer to run a game of The Mountain Witch. If anyone wants to play, send me a PM.

jrs

For those who are flying into O'Hare, there is a Radisson Hotel shuttle.  Go to the Radisson Hotel website and click on "Hotel Services".  I do not know if you need to confirm a reservation with the hotel to use the free shuttle.

Julie

Matt Snyder

Here is the schedule:

FRIDAY

No gaming reserved. The loose plan is socialization in the hotel restaurant/bar throughout the evening, probably until late.

SATURDAY

Block 1: 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.

Block 2: 11:15 a.m. to 2:15 p.m. (I assume people will be using this block to get lunch. I would!)

Snack Break!: 2:15 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. coffee and snacks arrive

Block 3: 2:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Block 4: 5:45 to 8:45 p.m.

Block 5: 9:00 p.m. to Midnight.

SUNDAY

Block 1: 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. (some may use this to get breakfast)

Block 2: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.

I don't really have a problem with people using two blocks together for a six-hour game, but I would hope you'll plan ahead to do so. I don't recommend any longer slots than that!

Remember, on Sunday we will only have ONE meeting room. And, we're scheduled to get out of that room at 2 p.m.
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

timfire

Hey, I had an idea---maybe we should designate a block of time specifically for 15-30 minute demos. I was thinking the 11:15-2:15 block on Sat would be good for this. I know I will want a lunch, but three hours seems like a long time to miss out on gaming. If we designate that time for demos, people can get lunch without having to miss an entire block of gaming.  This will also allow people to get a little taste of more games, rather than just a 5 or 6.

Matt Snyder

I like that idea a lot, Tim. Done deal.

I intended that slot to be a bit catch-as-catch-can considering people will be going to lunch in groups, variously.

Consider that block the "quick and dirty demos" block, folks.
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

--Yogi Berra

Paul Czege

Hey Matt,

If folks are interested in making plans for specific games in specific timeslots, should they start new threads? Or should there be a single thread for game invitations, with private messages as the vehicle for expressing interest?

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

Matt Snyder

If we can manage it, I'd like to arrange specific games in this thread.

I'll start:

I'll be running Dust Devils "revised" during Block 3 (2:30 - 5:30 p.m.).

I'll take a maximum of 4 players. We will have to figure out a process for deciding who will be at the table, likely a lottery of some kind. Or, just my arbitrary cruelty! Contact me via private message here at the forge to get in on the game.

I have a loose scenario in mind, but will happily modify or change it with some player feedback.
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

--Yogi Berra

Paul Czege

Very good.

I'll be running a playtest of Acts of Evil (my current project) during Saturday Block 3: 2:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Player characters are new initiates to an occult tradition devoted to aggressive and competitive pursuit of personal godhood. They are irredeemably evil, and play is very disturbing. Again and again you'll do harm to people who don't deserve it.

I need four players. Please send a private message if you're interested.

Thanks,

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

Blankshield

I want to run a playtest of Reality Cops, in the 9 to Midnight slot.  I want three or four people, with this caveat: It's still very rough, and isn't likely to get better by April.  PM me.

I would dearly love to have between three and five people do a blind playtest of Blood and Bronze, without me hovering over their shoulder to say "No, I meant this".  It's pretty fast to play; even with setup and learning I don't expect it would take a full slot.

I'll have Death's Door and will run demos of it in the demo block.  I would also be willing to run a full game, if there is interest.  Again, PM me.

I would love to play The Mountain Witch, if it's not running counter to something I'm already committed in.

I hereby propose another time block, which I intend to fill with awesome conversation and (probably) no gaming: Midnight until stupid, over beer at a local pub.  I will need a local guide to provide the local pub.

James

(also: still space in my room; PM me if you're interested)
I write games. My games don't have much in common with each other, except that I wrote them.

http://www.blankshieldpress.com/

timfire

I think I would like to run tMW 5:45-8:45 Sat... hmm, or maybe Sun... No, Sat I think. If it becomes an issue I can change it.

But in addition to tMW, I'm also going to run a quick game of Mexican Standoff during the lunch/demo block on Sat, possibly along with a couple other mini-experimental games I'm working on.

I'm tenatively going to say that I'm also going to run a playtest of my game In a Land Called on Sunday... Let's say 8am - 11am Sun (no prob if it ends up being a little short due to breakfast or whatnot)... That'll give me incentive to finish up a couple rules.