News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

A forum party game

Started by Clinton R. Nixon, April 03, 2003, 10:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clinton R. Nixon

Kester Pelagious was nice enough to send this to me earlier this week. Play at will.

----

Forum Trolls: The Happening!

C. Demetrius Morgan

This is your chance to be a irregular Forum Troll!  Yes, that's right, this
is the birthday game to end all birthday games, the bestest of the bestest,
the most fun you can have without spending a lot of those hard fought and
won gold coins that grow like mushrooms out of floors in dungeons
everywhere.

To begin have the players sit in front of their computers.  They will need
to log into the Internet, however they choose to, and then proceed to The
Forge @ http://www.indie-rpgs.com/.  The game lasts a limited time and takes
places in the Birthday forum only!

So, how does one play?

Simple.  Like good Trolls everywhere know the games starts with a non
sequiter, which the next Troll playing the games picks up.  Every non
sequiter must contain the phrase 'The Forge' and in some way be related to
the previous phrase.

For instance:

Troll A:  "The Forge is a great source of information"

Troll B:  "An information abyss, that's what The Forge is."

Troll C:  "Speaking of an Abyss, did you know that The Forge was the first
place to yadayadayada"

So simple!  So easy!  So much fun!

Just remember the rulesP: Be civil to one another and no wonton bashing.  Unless it involves evildoers.  ;)
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Ron Edwards

Hi there,

I'll be Troll A!

This conversation at the Forge offended me!

Best,
Ron

P.S. This game is restricted to this thread only.

Matt Wilson

QuoteThis conversation at the Forge offended me!

There are no conversations at the Forge. It's moderated.

Matt Snyder

Quote from: Matt Wilson

There's nothing moderate at the Forge. Damn radical thinking.
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: Matt SnyderThere's nothing moderate at the Forge. Damn radical thinking.

The Forge radical? Only if you mean intellectual wanking instead of solid tactical thought.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Mystery User #1

Quote from: Matt Snyder
Quote from: Matt Wilson

There's nothing moderate at the Forge. Damn radical thinking.

Did you hear about those radicals over at The Forge?  I hear they got a think tank going to try to explain why nothing works in moderation!

Paganini

Quote from: RonThis conversation at the Forge offended me!

The Forge moderators are all cheaters!

(That was two in one post, Ron! Sheesh!)

Walt Freitag

QuoteThere's nothing moderate at the Forge. Damn radical thinking.

Speaking of radicals, I'm thinking of a really really cool and realistic mechanism for determining attack damage. The thing is, it requires players to calculate fractional roots of percentile die rolls. Would this be a problem?

- Walt
Wandering in the diasporosphere

ethan_greer

I thought the Forge was above all this sort of childish drivel.  I am so disappointed...

Paganini

Quote from: wfreitag
Speaking of radicals, I'm thinking of a really really cool and realistic mechanism for determining attack damage. The thing is, it requires players to calculate fractional roots of percentile die rolls. Would this be a problem?

This isn't an appropriate topic for the Forge! All the members are a bunch of bleeding-heart Narrativists!

Kester Pelagius

Quote from: Paganini
Quote from: RonThis conversation at the Forge offended me!

The Forge moderators are all cheaters!

(That was two in one post, Ron! Sheesh!)

Are The Forge moderators turning a blind eye toward rules and regulations of society in a effort to promote a libertine ideal?  After all it is well known that everyone at The Forge are radical free thinkers who think of life as a two in one pit stop full of cryptic remarks!  Of course they may claim to be free thinkers at The Forge but are they, really, or is it just another brand of rightwing marxist propoganda designed to get us all to play indie role-playing games?

edit: Why did you name this place The Forge anyway?
"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." -Dante Alighieri

Paganini

Quote from: Kester Pelagius
Are The Forge moderators turning a blind eye toward rules and regulations of society in a effort to promote a libertine ideal?  After all it is well known that everyone at The Forge are radical free thinkers who think of life as a two in one pit stop full of cryptic remarks!  Of course they may claim to be free thinkers at The Forge but are they, really, or is it just another brand of rightwing marxist propoganda designed to get us all to play indie role-playing games?

That's a dirty lie! There's no jargon at the Forge!

Walt Freitag

QuoteThis isn't an appropriate topic for the Forge! All the members are a bunch of bleeding-heart Narrativists!

Y'know, I don't really get the whole Narrativism thing. What the Forge is it all about?

- Walt

[edited, in scurrilous fashion, to turn the following post into a demonstrable lie.]
Wandering in the diasporosphere

Paganini

Quote from: wfreitag
Y'know, I don't really get the whole Narrativism thing. What's it all about?

You didn't say the Forge! You're deliberately trying to ruin our fun! Are you some kind of communist?!

Kester Pelagius

Quote from: Paganini
Quote from: Kester Pelagius

That's a dirty lie! There's no jargon at the Forge!

Jargon is the bread of fools and lies the butter of day old toast!  Of course like Hephaestus wielding his hammer upon The Forge there are those who will believe in The Forge and those who will not.  The Forge is a hot bed of seductive reasoning for those who choose to think about whether they want to believe or disbelieve and therefore The Forge fosters radical designs in narrativism.  Would you not agree?
"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." -Dante Alighieri