News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

A forum party game

Started by Clinton R. Nixon, April 03, 2003, 10:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C. Edwards

Paganini wrote:
QuoteThat's a dirty lie! There's no jargon at the Forge!

Are you blind?!

jargon: Speech or writing having unusual or pretentious vocabulary, convoluted phrasing, and vague meaning.

The Forge is nothing but big fat piles of jargon.

p.s.  my hat of The Forge know no limit!

Fabrice G.

Quote from: wfreitag
Y'know, I don't really get the whole Narrativism thing. What's it all about?

Then you know, you're not good to The Forge !!!!!! Nor are you welcome here !!!!!! The forge is a place for elite, not the crass ingnorant mass !!!!!!!!!!!

Fabrice.

Paganini

Quote from: Kester Pelagius
Jargon is the bread of fools and lies the butter of day old toast!  Of course like Hephaestus wielding his hammer upon The Forge there are those who will believe in The Forge and those who will not.  The Forge is a hot bed of seductive reasoning for those who choose to think about whether they want to believe or disbelieve and therefore The Forge fosters radical designs in narrativism.  Would you not agree?

Of course not! No one at the Forge believes in the greek myths!

Lazy Smurf

Quote from: C. EdwardsPaganini wrote:
QuoteThat's a dirty lie! There's no jargon at the Forge!

Are you blind?!

jargon: Speech or writing having unusual or pretentious vocabulary, convoluted phrasing, and vague meaning.

Eeep!  Thanks for pointing that out.  As a visitor to The Forge I might have stepped in one of those piles.  And, being three apples high, that wouldn't be pretty!

By the way those are some curtains you have here at The Forge!

Paganini

Quote from: C. Edwards

Why would we believe anything you say on the Forge? Everyone knows that you always play female characters!

ethan_greer

Quote from: Lazy SmurfBy the way those are some curtains you have here at The Forge!
You have a lot of gall to bring up curtains.  I think you should know that this behavior is not encouraged at the Forge.

Matt Wilson

Quote from: ethan_greer
You have a lot of gall to bring up curtains.  I think you should know that this behavior is not encouraged at the Forge.

Didn't someone on the Forge design a game where gall is a trait?

Anonymous

Quote from: Matt Wilson
Quote from: ethan_greer

Didn't someone on the Forge design a game where gall is a trait?

Nah, the stat was "gall's" in a western bordello game. So when's the next story teller heartbreaker (this weeks new word) coming out of the forge?

Kester Pelagius

Quote from: Paganini
Quote from: Kester Pelagius
Jargon is the bread of fools and lies the butter of day old toast!  Of course like Hephaestus wielding his hammer upon The Forge there are those who will believe in The Forge and those who will not.  The Forge is a hot bed of seductive reasoning for those who choose to think about whether they want to believe or disbelieve and therefore The Forge fosters radical designs in narrativism.  Would you not agree?

Of course not! No one at the Forge believes in the greek myths!

"Wha-  No one at The Forge. . ."

Kester stares at the bottom of his glass as he inches his way towards the barmaid, er, bar. ;)

"Oh, well, in that case I think I shall have some cake.  The Forge does know how to throw itself a party, doesn't it?"
"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." -Dante Alighieri

Lugaru

(Sorry if I made my post as a guest... but that's the true spirit of trolling)
------------------------
Javier
"When I enter the barrio you know Im a warrior!"

Jonathan Walton

Quote from: AnonymousSo when's the next story teller heartbreaker (this weeks new word) coming out of the forge?

Ah, so the Forge is finally coming out, as the beacon of hope for the future of roleplaying!  No more keeping our light under a buschel!

Humbled unTroll

Quote from: Lugaru(Sorry if I made my post as a guest... but that's the true spirit of trolling)

Actually logging into The Forge to post an off-topic remark that doesn't even mention The Forge, now THAT is true trolling!

My hat is tipped to you sir!   :)  :)  :)

(Hey, can we turn smileys on for this sub?)

szilard

Quote from: Humbled unTroll
Actually logging into The Forge to post an off-topic remark that doesn't even mention The Forge, now THAT is true trolling!

If you are interested in True Trolling, you should check out my game TrollWorld. It is innovative and great! Like nothing else, ever. You see, you get to play a Troll. He can be a Fighter, Wizard, Assassin, or Shaman. Shamans and Wizards can use giant two-handed troll swords! It rocks!

Stuart
My very own http://www.livejournal.com/users/szilard/">game design journal.

Paganini

Quote from: Jonathan Walton
Quote from: AnonymousSo when's the next story teller heartbreaker (this weeks new word) coming out of the forge?

Ah, so the Forge is finally coming out, as the beacon of hope for the future of roleplaying!  No more keeping our light under a buschel!

Right! We'll show those [censored] at RPG.NET what the Forge is really all about!

Paganini

Quote from: szilard
If you are interested in True Trolling, you should check out my game TrollWorld. It is innovative and great! Like nothing else, ever. You see, you get to play a Troll. He can be a Fighter, Wizard, Assassin, or Shaman. Shamans and Wizards can use giant two-handed troll swords! It rocks!

You obviously haven't read Raven's posts to the Forge. His game orcs is just like yours, only he spells his trolls O - R - X instead of T - R - O - L - L - S.